SAN DIEGO, CA – The IL5 is a new sibling to Fastec IL3 and IL4 cameras, which are used extensively in manufacturing-line and laboratory applications. The IL5 is ideal for these applications because its expanded ISO range gives it the flexibility required to accommodate the challenging lighting conditions common in both. Additionally, it is capable of recording 12-bit image data, which facilitates creating high-quality video imagery with uneven or high-contrast lighting.
The relatively small (5µ) pixel of the IL5 makes it easy to find quality lenses that work well even at high resolutions. At 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080), for example, the IL5-H is compatible with 2/3” format C-mount lenses. This is a great advantage also when mounting the camera on a microscope, which very often causes degradation at the corners and edges of the image at high resolutions when using other cameras.
Binning and sub-sampling features of the IL5 allow the camera to use the full 5MP sensor and give even greater flexibility as the camera can use groups of 4 or 16 pixels in place of one, thereby creating images with larger fields of view without changing lenses.
Pricing for the IL5 series is in line with the IL3 and IL4 cameras, starting below $10K for the IL5-L, making them the low-cost leaders for full-featured high-speed cameras. IL cameras have all of the timing, triggering, and optical features needed for capturing high-speed events; the IL5 does it all with superior image quality even in difficult photographic conditions.
- New state-of-the-art 5MP 12-bit high-speed CMOS imaging sensor
- IL5-H: Records up to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) HD at 634fps to onboard memory for 6.5 seconds
- IL5-S: Records up to 1280 x 1024 at 991fps to onboard memory for 9.7 seconds
- IL5-L: Records up to 800 x 600 at 1677fps to onboard memory for 15.75seconds
- Save an 8GB memory buffer to onboard SSD in as little as 40 secs with SSD option
- VGA (NTSC) or PAL recordings at over 2000fps to onboard memory for more than 13sec. *Over 3000fps for >8sec. with x2 binning
- Gigabit Ethernet Control – with FasMotion software on a PC, or Mac computer
- Remote Camera Control –with any laptop, smart phone or tablet running a web browser on a wired or WiFi network
- Autonomous control: records and saves automatically to onboard storage given a trigger signal
- Full HD 1080p60 or 720p60 HDMI video output
- C-mount, Nikon F-mount, and PL lens mounts available
San Diego based Fastec Imaging is a global manufacturer of digital high-speed imaging systems. The company specializes in uniquely portable and affordable high-speed camera systems, including handheld, point-and-shoot systems, compact PC-controlled cameras, and long duration record systems. Fastec cameras are used in many applications including engineering, industrial manufacturing, packaging, medical, and academic research.